Iced Rose & Cardamom Latte
Cardamom is a plant whose seeds have been used for thousands of years as both a spice and medicine.
When it comes to nutrition, cardamom is great for:
- Digestion: cardamom has been shown to help with constipation, flatulence, cramps, diarrhea, vomiting
- Immunity: as an antioxidant, cardamom supports health and helps prevent disease
And rose is wonderful for:
About the Recipe
We're all about versatility, so after we infused rose petals with coconut oil to make our Rose & Eucalyptus Lip Balm, we started experimenting with other ways we could use the leftover infused oil. Coffee is one of those things we drink almost every day, so we're always looking for new ways to spice it up and add a little variety, and stumbled on this inspiring recipe by Local Milk Blog to make the delicious concoction you see below.
Ingredients needed for rose-infused coconut oil:
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals (bought in the bulk herb section at the natural market)
- 1/2 c coconut oil (use virgin, unrefined coconut oil for best results)
- This recipe makes 1/2 c of rose-infused coconut oil, but you only need to use about 1 tbsp in your cup of coffee
- LEVO oil infusion machine
Ingredients needed for one serving of Iced Rose + Cardamom Latte:
- 1/4 c coffee beans
- We used Steepfuze's CBD Espresso Blend for an extra boost to our endocannabinoid systems
- 1 tbsp rose-infused coconut oil
- 1 c milk
- We used unsweetened almond milk, but don't hesitate to experiment with other milks like hemp, oat, coconut, dairy, soy, and more!
- 1/2 c ice
- To avoid watering down your coffee, try freezing coffee into ice cubes!
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds
- We bought about 5-8 cardamom pods (in the bulk herb section at the natural market) and crushed them ourselves for the freshest flavor possible
- sweetener to taste
- We try to avoid adding extra sugar to our recipes, but you can feel free to add honey, cane sugar, or any other natural sweetener
To make rose-infused coconut oil:
- Fill LEVO herb pod with rose petals
- Add coconut oil to LEVO and set at 170°F for 30 minutes, as recommended by LEVO's infusion calculator
- Your coconut oil does not have to be liquified at this point — the LEVO will take care of that for you!
To make one serving of Iced Rose + Cardamom Latte:
- Brew coffee
- Brew it cold or throw a hot brew in the fridge for a while!
- Harvest your cardamom seeds
- Lightly crush your cardamom pods (we used a mortar and pestle, but a spoon on a cutting board will do fine) and remove the seeds inside
- Add 1 tbsp rose-infused coconut oil and mix well
- If your coconut oil has solidified, we find that it's best to warm it in the microwave for about 10 seconds to liquify it again
- Add 1 c milk of choice
- Pour over ice
- Sprinkle cardamom seeds on top (and extra rose petals, if you're feeling fancy) and enjoy!
Opportunities for Cannabinoid Infusion
If you'd like to enhance your coffee with cannabinoids, you can use Steepfuze's CBD coffee or add an available CBD or THC isolate. If you live in a legal state, you may also add cannabis to your LEVO herb pod.
The products shown here were gifted to Hempsley by Steepfuze and LEVO. All opinions are our own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Hempsley!