Softening Face & Beard Oil
Skincare can be an investment — especially when the ingredients include CBD! This simple recipe is a great DIY alternative that not only works for softening and hydrating the face, but also facial hair.
When it comes to beauty, jojoba oil is a good source of:
- Vitamin B: improves the ability of the skin to retain moisture, helping reduce dryness, redness, and fine lines and can nourish and strengthen hair
- Vitamin E: a powerful antioxidant with anti-aging properties
CBD is reportedly useful for:
- Anti-aging: CBD is a powerful antioxidant, which protects the skin from free radicals such as smoke, UV rays, and other pollutants that can cause wrinkles and dryness
- Acne: CBD is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, meaning that it can help reduce inflammation and cleanse the skin to help prevent future acne
- Stimulating Hair Growth: fatty acids found in CBD improve scalp tissue and circulation, allowing for hair follicles to expand
Frankincense is great for:
- Toning: frankincense can reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks
- Healing: Frankincense has anti-bacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties to help keep your skin clean (and reduce acne!)
- Pinene: a terpene known for reducing inflammation in the brain and improving cognitive function
And rosemary is good for:
About the Recipe
We like to keep things simple, and this recipe is no different! With just a few ingredients, you can easily experiment with switching things out to see what works best for you. Try another carrier oil in place of jojoba oil such as fractionated coconut oil or sweet almond oil, experiment with other essential oils (remember: never wear a citrus oil in the sunlight; it can cause burns!) and play with the amount of CBD you use until you find a combination suited to your particular needs.
Rosemary Infused Jojoba Oil
By infusing dried rosemary into jojoba oil using our LEVO oil infusion machine, we are retaining more of the nutrients from the whole plant than when rosemary is distilled into an essential oil, providing superior nutritional, therapeutic, and medicinal benefits.
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 4oz jojoba oil
- Fill LEVO herb pod with dried rosemary
- Add jojoba oil to to LEVO basin and set at 175°F for 90 minutes
- Dispense into a dark container and store away from heat and light
Softening Face & Beard Oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary infused jojoba oil
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
- 5mg CBD oil
- We used 10 drops of Rosebud's 350mg tincture
- Combine ingredients in small vial
- Shake well; apply approximately dime-sized amount to skin and/or facial hair
Opportunities for Cannabinoid Infusion
If you'd like to enhance your face & beard oil with cannabinoids, you can add an available tincture, such as Rosebud's full-spectrum CBD oil, to your recipe. If you're in a legal state or have access to hemp, you can add available cannabis flower to your LEVO herb pod.
Rosebud CBD oil is made from CBD rich hemp flowers grown on US soil under the Oregon sun. Rosebud CBD rich oil is comprised of CO2 derived hemp extract mixed with fractionated coconut oil, MCT (medium-chain triglycerides). It is pesticide, herbicide and solvent free. We recommend using 5mg CBD (approximately 10 drops from Rosebud's 350mg bottle) per serving in this recipe.