Body Scrub Bars
Epsom salt has been used for hundreds of years for health, skincare, gardening, household products, and more. Epsom salt is actually not a salt at all; it is "a pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate." Our bodies need magnesium to live and properly function.
When it comes to wellness, magnesium is great for:
We love taking baths, but sometimes they can get a little dull. These little bars packed with magnesium-rich epsom salt are perfect for extra exfoliation in the winter or simply tossing into the bath to create a relaxing atmosphere while we soak. The epsom salt helps put our muscles at ease while the aromatic herbs settle our minds.
- 1/4 c rose infused coconut oil
- 1/4 c chamomile infused coconut oil
- If you have a ragweed allergy, do not use chamomile. Try eucalyptus or lavender instead!
- 1 tsp beeswax
- 1/4 c epsom salt
- LEVO molds or ice cube trays
- Don't have a LEVO? Infuse your coconut oil the old fashioned way
- In a rush? Use your favorite essential oils instead. We recommend using between 20-30 total drops of essential oils for a dilution of about 1%. *Please make sure that the essential oils you choose are safe for your personal needs at this dilution ratio
- Try using table sugar instead of epsom salt for a gentler exfoliation
- Other favorite herb blends
- lavender + rosemary
- chamomile + peppermint
- rose + eucalyptus
If you are infusing the coconut oil in the LEVO:
- Add 1 tbsp of chamomile and 1 tbsp of rose petals to your herb pod
- Add 1/2 c coconut oil to basin
- Set your LEVO at 165°F for 30 min
- Remove the herb pod and start at step 2 below
If you already have infused oils on hand:
- Add infused coconut oils and beeswax to LEVO basin
- Set LEVO at 150°F for 20 min to melt ingredients together
- Dispense into container with epsom salts
- Mix and spoon into molds (spooning works better than pouring because the salt sinks to the bottom of the warm mixture)
- Store in the refrigerator to keep solid
- Use to exfoliate or throw into the bathtub!
Opportunities for Cannabinoid Infusion
If you'd like to enhance your body scrub bars with cannabinoids, you can add an available tincture, such as Rosebud's full-spectrum CBD oil, to your recipe. If you're in a legal state or have access to hemp, you can add available cannabis flower to your LEVO herb pod.
Rosebud CBD oil is made from CBD rich hemp flowers grown on US soil under the Oregon sun. Rosebud CBD rich oil is comprised of CO2 derived hemp extract mixed with fractionated coconut oil, MCT (medium-chain triglycerides). It is pesticide, herbicide and solvent free. We recommend using 5mg CBD (approximately 10 drops from Rosebud's 350mg bottle) per serving in this recipe.
The product shown here was gifted to Hempsley by LEVO. All opinions are our own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Hempsley!