Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potatoes are great for increasing energy and improving stress, digestion, and beauty health.
When it comes to nutrition, sweet potatoes are a wonderful source of:
- Vitamin A: a powerful antioxidant with anti-aging properties known to be effective in preventing cancer and maintaining good eyesight
- Vitamin C: helps your body grow and promotes healing; great for the skin, bones, and connective tissue
- Vitamin B6: helps regulate blood sugar and improve heart health
- Manganese: an essential mineral effective for treating osteoporosis, anemia, and PMS
- Dietary Fiber: helps you feel full more quickly and prevent constipation
About the Recipe
Sweeteners such as marshmallow cream, honey, or brown sugar are often added to our sweet potato recipes, but we wanted to find a delicious yet no-sugar-added option. This season blend is a family favorite, and can be used on other items like baked potatoes, grilled kabobs, or sautéed veggies!
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- In a small bowl, combine salt, parsley, cumin, oregano, coriander, rosemary, and red pepper.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl, preferably one with a lid, and pour the olive oil onto them. Cover and shake bowl to spread the oil evenly on the potatoes.
- Add seasoning mix to sweet potatoes and cover and shake bowl until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place on greased baking sheet, spreading the fries out so they are as evenly dispersed as possible. Put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the fries from the oven and flip them as best as possible using a spatula. Replace the pan in the oven for another 15-20 minutes, occasionally checking on them until they are cooked as desired.
Opportunities for Cannabinoid Infusion
If you'd like to enhance this recipe with cannabinoids, you can consider cooking with infused olive oil or dipping your fries in a sauce mixed with a CBD or THC isolate.