Throughout history, rosemary has been used as a medicine, cultural symbol, and in spiritual practices (Herbco, 2017). Today it is one of the most popular herbs available.
When it comes to health, Rosemary is a great source of:
- Pinene: a terpene that aids in memory retention and alertness. Rosemary has been shown to improve cognitive deficits and can support those with Alzheimer's disease
- Antioxidants: helps stop damage to cells that can cause diseases like cancer, heart disease, and more
And potatoes are a wonderful source of:
- Fiber: supports digestive health, lowers cholesterol, helps you feel fuller longer and reduce appetite
- Vitamin C: supports the immune system, aids in bone formation & wound healing, helps protect the body from infections
The skin on potatoes has tons more nutrients such as potassium, niacin, and iron.
About the Recipe
Most diets will tell you that you can't eat potatoes because they're loaded with starch. When it comes to the holidays, however, mashed potatoes are a staple — so we decided to make them a little bit healthier by infusing some rosemary into that decadent butter we would be adding. We also left the skin on our potatoes because they contain lots of nutrients, and with all the other yumminess in these
- Place rosemary in LEVO herb pod; place butter in basin. Set at 165°F for 30 minutes
- Cover potatoes with water in a large pot. Boil over medium heat for 30 minutes or until tender
- You can use a fork to see how tender the potatoes have become
- Drain potatoes and, while still hot, mix with remaining ingredients
- We used an electric mixer, but you could whip these by hand, too!
Opportunities for Cannabinoid Infusion
If you'd like to enhance your mashed potatoes with cannabinoids, you can add an available CBD or THC isolate to your recipe. If you're in a legal state, you may also add cannabis to your LEVO pod.
We added 50mg of Infinite CBD's tincture to our mashed potatoes. Because this tincture is infused with fractionated coconut oil, it blended into the mashed potatoes well.
Infinite CBD's tincture is available online for all 50 states. Their CBD is derived from hemp grown in Colorado and contains less than 0.3% THC. They are also non-GMO, gluten free, and 100% vegetarian.
Use code HEMPSLEY at checkout for 10% off your InfiniteCBD purchase.
The products shown here were gifted to Hempsley by Infinite CBD and LEVO. All opinions are our own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Hempsley!