Pumpkin Pie Lip Scrub
Brown sugar has become a popular beauty ingredient along with other items commonly found in our pantry.
When it comes to skincare, brown sugar is a great:
- Exfoliant: softer than white sugar, brown sugar can be used as a gentle exfoliant to scrub away dead skin cells in sensitive areas, such as the face
- Humectant: absorbs moisture from the surrounding environment and traps it on the skin
Honey is a wonderful:
- Moisturizer: another natural humectant, honey is great for locking moisture onto the skin
- Antiseptic + antibacterial: honey kills the microorganisms and bacteria that cause dryness
And Pumpkin Pie spice has a collection of beneficial ingredients:
- Cinnamon: irritates the skin/lips to increase blood flow to the area; contains the terpene linalool
- Ginger: increases blood flow to skin/lips to plump; contains the terpene pinene
- Nutmeg: contains antioxidants and has been used to lighten dark skin/lips; contains the terpenes myrcene and pinene
- Clove: increases blood flow to skin/lips to plump; contains the terpene myrcene
About the Recipe
Winter has officially hit, and dry-chapped lips are something we struggle with every year. This lip scrub is perfect for refreshing the lips and giving them a little extra plumping "oomph." If you don't need to plump (lucky you), simply leave out the Pumpkin Pie spice and scrub away!
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
- Optional: 5 mg CBD (we used Infinite CBD’s tincture)
- small jar
- favorite lip balm (to moisturize after your scrub)
- Mix ingredients together in small jar
- Apply to lips with finger and gently scrub for 10-20 seconds
- Rinse (or lick) and hydrate with your favorite lip balm
Opportunities for Cannabinoid Infusion
If you'd like to enhance your lip scrub with cannabinoids, you can add an available CBD or THC isolate to your recipe.
We added 5 mg of Infinite CBD's tincture to this lip scrub. This tincture is infused with coconut oil, so it combined well with the coconut oil we used here.
Infinite CBD's tincture is available online for all 50 states. Their CBD is derived from hemp grown in Colorado and contains less than 0.3% THC. They are also non-GMO, gluten free, and 100% vegetarian.
Use code HEMPSLEY at checkout for 10% off your InfiniteCBD purchase.
The product shown here was gifted to Hempsley by Infinite CBD. All opinions are our own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Hempsley!