Pumpkin Pie Lip Scrub
Brown sugar has become a popular beauty ingredient along with other items commonly found in our pantry.
When it comes to skincare, brown sugar is a great:
- Exfoliant: softer than white sugar, brown sugar can be used as a gentle exfoliant to scrub away dead skin cells in sensitive areas, such as the face
- Humectant: absorbs moisture from the surrounding environment and traps it on the skin
Honey is a wonderful:
- Moisturizer: another natural humectant, honey is great for locking moisture onto the skin
- Antiseptic + antibacterial: honey kills the microorganisms and bacteria that cause dryness
And Pumpkin Pie spice has a collection of beneficial ingredients:
- Cinnamon: irritates the skin/lips to increase blood flow to the area; contains the terpene linalool
- Ginger: increases blood flow to skin/lips to plump; contains the terpene pinene
- Nutmeg: contains antioxidants and has been used to lighten dark skin/lips; contains the terpenes myrcene and pinene
- Clove: increases blood flow to skin/lips to plump; contains the terpene myrcene
About the Recipe
Winter has officially hit, and dry-chapped lips are something we struggle with every year. This lip scrub is perfect for refreshing the lips and giving them a little extra plumping "oomph." If you don't need to plump (lucky you), simply leave out the Pumpkin Pie spice and scrub away!
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
- Optional: 5 mg CBD
- We used 10 drops from Rosebud's 350mg bottle of their full-spectrum tincture
- small jar
- favorite lip balm (to moisturize after your scrub)
- Mix ingredients together in small jar
- Apply to lips with finger and gently scrub for 10-20 seconds
- Rinse (or lick) and hydrate with your favorite lip balm
Opportunities for Cannabinoid Infusion
If you'd like to enhance your lip scrub with cannabinoids, you can add an available tincture to your recipe, such as Rosebud's full-spectrum CBD oil.
Rosebud CBD oil is made from CBD rich hemp flowers grown on US soil under the Oregon sun. Rosebud CBD rich oil is comprised of CO2 derived hemp extract mixed with fractionated coconut oil, MCT (medium-chain triglycerides). It is pesticide, herbicide and solvent free. We recommend using 5mg CBD (approximately 10 drops from Rosebud's 350mg bottle) in this recipe.