Lavender Bath Scrub
Lavender is an herb that grows all over the world and has been used throughout history as perfume, cleaning products, and medicinal remedies.
When it comes to wellness, lavender is great for:
- Stress: lavender has sedative, antispasmodic, tranquilizing effects that can help you relax and alleviate stress-related pains such as headaches when inhaled or massaged into skin
- Skin irritations: lavender can be used to soothe sun burns, moisturize dry skin, and even help heal small cuts and scrapes
We infused our lavender with coconut oil, a great source of:
About the Recipe
Bath scrubs are one of those things we catch ourselves ogling over but never feel like we should spend money on, so we decided to figure out how to make our own — and it turned out to be so easy, it felt almost ridiculous that anyone would ever not make their own.
- 2 tsp lavender (if you want to make some extra lavender coconut oil to have on hand, we recommend doubling the lavender and coconut oil)
- 1/2 c. coconut oil
- 1/2 c. salt
- Coarse sea salt: great for use in the bath tub as it dissolves and adds to the bath
- Fine sea salt: a little gentler with a texture more like wet sand, great for scrubbing at areas with lots of dead skin
- Epsom salt: another great option for use in the tub as it is known to soften skin
- 1 tbsp. hemp seed oil (read about benefits here)
- You could also add things like Vitamin E oil, olive oil, almond oil, etc
*Remember that variations of this recipe are encouraged!! Experiment and let us know what you like best!
- Fill pod about 2/3 of the way full with dried lavender flowers
- We feel it's worth noting that if you want to make some extra oil, it can be used for everything from a skin moisturizer to an add-in to your summer lemonade
- Add coconut oil to LEVO basin
- Your coconut oil does not have to be liquified at this point — the LEVO will take care of that for you!
- Set temperature to 175°F and time to 30 minutes, as recommended by LEVO's infusion calculator
- Dispense oil into jar
- If you aren't using a LEVO, start on step 5 with a jar of liquidated coconut oil mixed with lavender essential oils
- Add sea salt and hemp oil
- Stir until incorporated. The salt will probably settle to the bottom at first — don't panic
- Place the closed jar in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Stir contents again to better incorporate sea salt
- Repeat steps 7-8 until salt is even throughout oil
- Store in a cool place out of sunlight. If the coconut oil does happen to melt (it's a hot summer), simply repeat steps 7-9 to re-incorporate
Opportunities for Cannabinoid Infusion
If you'd like to enhance your bath scrub with cannabinoids, you can add cannabis flower to your LEVO herb pod or add an available tincture to your recipe.
We like to add a dropper of Rosebud's full-spectrum CBD tincture to this bath scrub.
Rosebud CBD oil is made from CBD rich hemp flowers grown on US soil under the Oregon sun. Rosebud CBD rich oil is comprised of CO2 derived hemp extract mixed with fractionated coconut oil, MCT (medium-chain triglycerides). It is pesticide, herbicide and solvent free.
The product shown here was gifted to Hempsley by LEVO. All opinions are our own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Hempsley!