Hemp Seed Pumpkin Truffles
Hemp seeds, also called "hemp hearts," are seeds from the hemp plant and are a great source of healthy fats, which allow our bodies to absorb all of the vitamins and nutrients they need.
When it comes to nutrition, hemp seeds are a wonderful source of:
- Omega 3 fatty acid: helps with brain function, supports the cardiovascular system, fights inflammation
- Omega 6 fatty acid: supports the brain, metabolism, and bone health, helps skin and hair growth, fights inflammation
- Protein: used by the body to make muscles and tissue and can act as a source of energy when needed
- Vitamin E: a powerful antioxidant with anti-aging properties that has shown effective for treating cancer, arthritis and cataracts
And pumpkin is a great:
About the Recipe
This is a Thanksgiving-inspired spin-off of one of our favorite "healthy dessert" recipes, Hemp Protein Balls that has coconut, cacao powder, and peanut butter for a decadent, brownie-reminiscent treat.
We used cinnamon-infused butter left over from our Cinna-Butter recipe for the "frosting" on these little balls. Cinnamon is one of our favorite sources of the anti-inflammatory and relaxing terpene linalool!
- 2 c pitted dates
- 1/2 c almonds
- 1/4 c almond butter
- 1/4 c pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 pinch salt
- Add all ingredients, in order,
- to a food processor & pulse
- until smooth
- Form into balls (you may need to refrigerate the batter first)
- Add frosting (see below)
- Break cinnamon sticks in half and place in LEVO herb pod; place butter in LEVO basin
- Set at 165°F for 1 hour
- Dispense into jar and allow to cool for about 15 minutes before mixing with remaining ingredients
- Top truffles and enjoy! Refrigerate truffles that aren't immediately devoured
Use code HEMPSLEY at checkout for $15 off your LEVO Oil Infusion Machine!
Opportunities for Cannabinoid Infusion
If you'd like to enhance your truffles with cannabinoids, you can add an available CBD or THC isolate to your recipe. If you're in a legal state, you may also add cannabis to your LEVO pod.
Use code HEMPSLEY at checkout for $15 off your LEVO
The product shown here was gifted to Hempsley by LEVO. All opinions are our own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Hempsley!