Blueberry Grilled Cheese
When it comes to nutrition, blueberries are a wonderful source of:
- Dietary Fiber: helps you feel full more quickly and prevent constipation
- Vitamin C: helps your body grow and promotes healing; great for the skin, bones, and connective tissue
- Vitamin B6: helps regulate blood sugar and improve heart health
And spinach is a wonderful source of:
About the Recipe
Dark, leafy greens aren't exactly our favorite food, so we like to hide them between other delicious ingredients. We discovered fruit-sauce grilled cheeses when recipe-hunting for Myriad Recipe Book and never turned back, and we've now experimented with everything from strawberry to peach on our sandwiches — but our favorite still remains the blueberry, spinach and bacon version.
- 2 slices bread
- We love to use Asiago cheese bread baked fresh at the local grocery store
- white cheese
- Our favorite cheeses are Havarti and White Sharp Cheddar
- fresh spinach
- 1/2 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp. water
- 3 tsp. honey
- dash of pepper
- Combine blueberries, honey, and water in small saucepan.
- Crush berries with a fork and cook over low heat for 5-8 minutes. Add dash of pepper.
- Raise temperature to medium heat. Boil mixture 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place cheese on one slice of bread. Spread blueberry mixture on top then add spinach, bacon, and your second bread slice with the buttered side facing out.
- Grill sandwich on each side 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Tip: Use a lid on your pan for extra melt
Opportunities for Cannabinoid Infusion
To enhance this recipe with cannabinoids, consider using infused butter (easily made in the LEVO) to grill your sandwich or adding a tincture to the blueberry sauce.
After turning off the heat on the blueberry sauce, we stirred in a dropper-full of Rosebud's full-spectrum CBD tincture.
Rosebud CBD oil is made from CBD rich hemp flowers grown on US soil under the Oregon sun. Rosebud CBD rich oil is comprised of CO2 derived hemp extract mixed with fractionated coconut oil, MCT (medium-chain triglycerides). It is pesticide, herbicide and solvent free.
The product shown here was gifted to Hempsley by CBD+Co. All opinions are our own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Hempsley!