Berry + Hemp Seed Smoothie
Hemp seeds, also called "hemp hearts," are seeds from the hemp plant and are a great source of healthy fats, which allow our bodies to absorb all of the vitamins and nutrients they need.
When it comes to nutrition, hemp seeds are a wonderful source of:
- Omega 3 fatty acid: helps with brain function, supports the cardiovascular system, fights inflammation
- Omega 6 fatty acid: supports the brain, metabolism, and bone health, helps skin and hair growth, fights inflammation
- Protein: used by the body to make muscles and tissue and can act as a source of energy when needed
- Vitamin E: a powerful antioxidant with anti-aging properties that has shown effective for treating cancer, arthritis and cataracts
Our favorite brand of hemp seeds is Manitoba Harvest, but you can also usually find hemp seeds in the natural section of your local grocery store.
About the Recipe
Smoothies are one of our favorite ways to get dark, leafy greens into our system. With all the fresh fruit in this recipe, you won't even taste the green stuff!
- 1/4 c. milk
- There are tons of milk options — choose whichever you like! We used Fairlife dairy milk, but there are tons of plant-based options like hemp, almond, coconut milk, and more.
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. hemp hearts
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 c. blackberries
- 1/2 c. blueberries
- handful spinach
- Combine all in blender, starting with liquids
- Blend until smooth
- Pour and enjoy! Short and sweet, just the way we like it.
Opportunities for Cannabinoid Infusion
If you'd like to enhance your smoothie with cannabinoids, you can add an available tincture to your recipe.
We like to add a half-dropper of Rosebud's full-spectrum CBD tincture to our smoothies.
Rosebud CBD oil is made from CBD rich hemp flowers grown on US soil under the Oregon sun. Rosebud CBD rich oil is comprised of CO2 derived hemp extract mixed with fractionated coconut oil, MCT (medium-chain triglycerides). It is pesticide, herbicide and solvent free.